Bokkun (ボックン?), also known as Messenger Robo (メッセンジャーロボ Messenjā Robo?) in the Japanese version, is a character from Sonic X. He is employed by Doctor Eggman to send messages to Sonic that come in a form of a TV that blows up in the recipient's face. Bokkun gets mistreated and cries very easily, due to Eggman and other characters always teasing or hurting him. His pleasures include annoying people with bombs or eating various desserts.
He is very loyal to Eggman, whom he treats like a father or creator. Bokkun can fly using a jet-pack (possibly bolted to his back), and has a boiling point temper.Bokkun He once called upon the Egg Golem also seen in Sonic Adventure 2. Early, in the series' third season, Bokkun is forced to help Rouge the Bat, who blackmails him with a locket he owns, threatening to show everyone the picture of the girl inside it, on whom Bokkun has a crush on. The scene where his crush is revealed to be Cream the Rabbit is cut out of the English version, possibly for time purposes.
Bokkun has red shoes and white gloves like Sonic, and a green rucksack over his shoulder, where he keeps his bombs. In both versions of Sonic X, Bokkun has been referred to as a robot, but there's still dispute in the fandom as to what he is. There have been theories of dark chaos, cyborgs and several different kinds of roboticized animals. In the comics Bokkun has been shown piloting some of Eggman's machinery.
Bokkun seems to be a bit of a black sheep among his fellow robots. On a few instances he interacts with Decoe and Bocoe as though they were his friends, but generally, he's rude to them and tries to make them angry. Bokkun sometimes appears to be Eggman's favorite of the trio, as he has complimented Bokkun several times and rarely ever seems mad at him. In the English version of the episode about volcanoes, Eggman even sides with Bokkun (he'd claimed that he might get eaten by a snake if Eggman sent him) and sends Decoe and Bocoe to find food instead.
Bokkun is very childish and loves explosions. He is slightly sadistic and loves to pull pranks. His job is as a messenger robot, but he doesn't appreciate it. In other words, he loves to complain. Bokkun often tries to get Decoe and Bocoe to be his subordinates, which they haven't ever gone along with.
Bokkun is loud and obnoxious, and doesn't seem to care much for other peoples' feelings. Although he is generally pretty loyal to Eggman, he sometimes puts his own needs and desires above his job. For instance, he sometimes delivers messages for the Sonic crew in exchange for pastries or helps Rouge in an attempt to steal a chaos emerald so she doesn't spill his secret. When embarrassed or angry, Bokkun will begin to yell Baka. The Japanese equivalent to 'Stupid' or 'Idiot'.
In the comics, Bokkun turned power crazy and delusional when he had too much sugar, taking on the identity of "The Cape". Eggman had to get the help of Sonic to stop him from trying to take over the world, and in the end he had to pin Bokkun down until he crashed and fell asleep.
- In Episode 67 of Sonic X, "Testing Time", Bokkun yelled "Bokkun Kick!" in English and in the Japanese version, despite being called "Messenger Robo" in that version. Although this can easily be explained as Bokkun is his real name and Messenger Robo is only his title as one of Eggman's workers.
- Also in the Japanese version of episode 49 when Chris calls him Messenger Robo he angrily replies, "I told you my name is Bokkun!"
- The M on Bokkun's belt could possibly stand for Messenger Robo, although it is never stated as such.
- His gender was confirmed in English and Japanese dub of episode 45, where Amy called Bokkun "he".
- It is unknown if Bokkun is a robot, anthro, or a mixture of both as he shows all ranges of emotion including romantic interest in Cream the Rabbit, eats all kinds of food and drinks water, and in the Japanese version gets angry when anyone other then Eggman calls him Messenger Robo by correcting them and saying that his name is Bokkun.
- Bokkun activates the Egg Golem in Sonic X Episode 36, due to the rest of the villains being on the ARK at the time. In Sonic Adventure 2, Eggman is the one who activates Egg Golem.
- Bokkun can be summoned by Bocoe and Decoe's "Bokkun Beacon". This is only used In episode 49 when Chris asks them to take him to Eggman. However, in episode 75, Eggman uses another way to activate Bokkun's eyes as an emergency signal.